Remember to read the “fine” print.
Always ask to see a copy of the written workmanship and product warranty before
There are a lot of warranties with many misleading terms and conditions and fine
Examples are warranties that claim to be “Lifetime”, but...
- Is it really limited? In fact they might expire after 10 years
or have excessive conditions that must be met to make a claim.
- Are they‘Pro-Rated’? Every year the homeowner is responsible
for more of the cost of the warranty.
- Labour is never included. Example a $10.00 part that the company
then charges $200.00 to replace.
- Warranty is not transferable if homeowner sells their home or a
substantial charge (several hundred dollars administration fee) to transfer warranty
to new homeowner. What does window performance/warranty have to do with a new homeowner?
- Some warranties specify the right to offer a ‘cash’
value settlement rather than replacing/fixing problem. Which means it is up to you
to find a replacement part and a qualified installer.
The LORMAC Warranty
100% Lifetime Workmanship Warranty
100% Transferable at no cost
No Fine Print
No hidden costs at all to homeowners